Cater to You prepares everyday fresh, healthy, quality meals made from scratch.
In our schools we prepare over 12,000 meals daily for students ranging from preschool children to high school seniors. Meals are always created on-site, from scratch, using the finest products. Our commitment is to provide traceable, local and sustainable meals with a focus on seasonality.
Nutrition at Kew-Forest School
Kew-Forest School has partnered with Cater to You as the food service provider to create daily meals that focus on optimal nutritional impact for the community. Meals are centered on a wide variety of protein sources both animal and plant based, whole grains, legumes, dairy foods, healthy fats, and the freshest of fruits and vegetables.
Menus are developed monthly to reflect seasonal availability, holidays and the special needs of the Kew-Forest School community. The culinary team is led by our Chef Manager Rossy Garrido.
Cater to You takes careful measures not to prepare or serve meals which contain peanuts or tree nuts.
Extensive allergy awareness training certified by AllerTrain and ServSafe has been completed by the Chef Manager. In addition, all other CtY employees serving the community of Kew-Forest School receive allergy awareness training as part of their on-boarding groundwork.
Daily Dining at Kew-Forest School
All menu items are prepared fresh daily by the full-time staff of three cooks plus the Chef Manager, who work to oversee that all preparation meets or exceeds our professional standards.
Lunch Service Includes
- Soup of the day
- Featured daily entrée
- Side dish of whole grain, legume or starch
- Seasonal vegetable side dish
- Assorted fresh fruit options: bananas, New York state apples, oranges, and pears
- Dessert is a fresh fruit three days a week. A special dessert is offered twice weekly for the Lower School and daily for the Upper School.
- Low fat milk delivered from Batten Kill Valley Creamery – Salem, NY
- Beverage options also include: freshly prepared in-house Aqua Fresca (naturally flavored water using the infusion of seasonal fruits or vegetables), NYS apple cider or chilled filtered water.
Our Salad Bar Program
Guests also have the option to prepare their own salad from a selection of fresh toppings, which include:
- A selection of two salad greens are offered daily: Romaine, Boston, Greenleaf, Redleaf Lettuces, Baby Spinach, Kale, Arugula, Mesclun, and Watercress.
- On occasion, the salad greens will be substituted for a pre-made salad such as: Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad, Greek Salad, Chopped Salad, or a Citrus Ginger Salad.
- Legumes: Garbanzo, Kidney and Black Beans
- Daily Variety of Plant and Animal Proteins: Hard-Boiled Eggs, Grilled Chicken Breast, Roast Turkey Breast, Ham, Turkey, Salami, Roast Beef, and different Grilled Tofus (Plain, BBQ, Teriyaki, or Buffalo)
- Daily Variety of freshly sliced vegetables: Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Croutons, Carrots, Cucumbers, Cauliflower, Corn, Olives, Tomato, Beets
- Beans: Black, Navy, Kidney, Brussels Sprouts, Mushrooms, Shredded Cabbage etc.
- Cheeses: Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Cheddar, Muenster, American, Provolone, and Swiss Cheese
- Specialty toppings to accompany the menu, such as: Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Pita Chips
- Homemade salad dressings: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Apple Cider Vinaigrette, CtY Dressing
- Stonyfield Organic Yogurt - 4 oz. portions, flavors vary on a daily basis
- House Baked, Nut-Free Granola
- Sliced fresh or dried fruit: Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Grapes, Honeydew, Apples
- Daily Variety of Composed Protein Salads
- Farmhouse Chicken Salad with Lemon, Celery and Apples
- Curried Tofu with Tomato, Red Onion, Dried Fruit and Thai Basil
- Roasted Garbanzos with Shaved Fennel, Carrot, Mint, and Red Cabbage
- Roasted Pear and Turkey, with Cider, Dijon, Endive, and Blue Cheese
- Daily Variety of Composed Vegetable Salads
- Roasted Corn with Avocado, Chili, Lime and Peppers
- Broccoli/ Rapini with Spicy Ginger Dressing
- Eggplant Caponata with Balsamic Reduction
- Roasted Root Vegetables (Beets, Radishes, Carrots, Sprouts and Fall Squash)
- Daily Variety of Composed Whole Grain/ Pasta Salads
- Lemon-Herb Quinoa with Spring Peas, Basil and Mint
- Wheat Berries with Asparagus, Spring Onion, and Shaved Radish
- Farro with Chickpeas, Feta and Artichokes
- Orzo with Fall Squash, Cress and Blue Cheese
Our Deli Bar Program
Guests also have the option to prepare their own sandwich from a selection of freshly baked breads, which include:
- Club Rolls, Whole Wheat Bread and Rosette Rolls
- A rotating variety of meat selections: Turkey, Ham, Grilled Chicken, and Roast Beef
- A rotating selection of Egg Salad or Tuna Salad
- Lettuce and Tomato
- A variety of roasted vegetables
- Sliced Cheese: Cheddar, Swiss, Muenster and Provolone
- Fresh Pickles
- Gluten-free Breads available upon request
- Wowbutter (a spread made with roasted soybeans that is peanut- and nut-free)
- Jelly, Butter, Cream Cheese
OUR ALLERGEN POLICY
Cater to You does not prepare or serve meals which it knows or has reason to believe contain peanuts or tree nuts. Notwithstanding the efforts of Cater to You to maintain an environment free of peanuts or tree nuts, it may inadvertently use food items from outside vendors which, despite its requirements, have been produced in a facility area which processes those allergens. There is also a possibility that manufacturers of the commercial foods we use could change the formulation at any time, without notice.